Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

The Colonials failed to score a run in both games of the doubleheader against Youngstown
Softball Shutout in Doubleheader vs Youngstown State
Colby Sherwin and Joshua Woodman April 9, 2024

MOON TOWNSHIP-- After dropping two of three, the Colonials looked to improve to above .500 in Horizon League play when they hosted the Youngstown State Penguins for a doubleheader. These...

Chris Sabol named #HLGolf Horizon Athlete of the Week

Chris Sabol was named #HLGolf Athlete of the Week. Photo Credit: RMU Athletics

After winning the Fairleigh Dickinson Invitational, redshirt sophomore Chris Sabol was named the Nike #HLGolf Athlete of the Week.

Sabol’s two-round total of 144 strokes at the tournament at Penn National Golf Club marked the Moon Township native’s first collegiate victory, and second consecutive top-10 finish.

Sabol is the first Colonial to earn weekly honors since Max Palmer and Kyle Grube co-won the NEC Player of the Week on April 3, 2019.

On the women’s side, Brooke Beyer of UIC won the weekly award.

A transfer from Methodist University in North Carolina, Sabol leads the Colonials on the year with a 73.0 stroke average.

The Colonials are in action on Monday and Tuesday as they head to the Pete Dye Golf Club in Clarksburg, West Virginia for the Mountaineer Invitational.