Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Photo credit: Cam Wickline
TJ Wainwright Enters Transfer Portal
Kevin Plowcha April 16, 2024

On Tuesday afternoon, reporter George Michalowski announced that Robert Morris men's basketball guard TJ Wainwright has entered the transfer portal. Wainwright is the fifth...

Women’s lacrosse releases 2021 schedule featuring ten games in new conference

Women’s lacrosse announced their schedule for the upcoming season. Photo Credit: Carly Sylvester

With the return after a long off-season due to COVID-19, the Robert Morris women’s lacrosse team will make a jump into their new conference with a 15-game schedule for 2021.

Women’s lacrosse will be the lone RMU program to join the Mid-American Conference (MAC) this season as they will compete in ten conference matchups, along with five non-conference games.

The Colonials will commence their 2021 season slate with three straight non-conference matchups, including two-home games to open the season against Liberty and Fresno State, and then a road trip to Bucknell.

MAC action will begin for RMU on March 4 when they travel to Kent State to take on the Golden Flashes for the first of two games on the season between these programs. Kent State is one of two MAC opponents the Colonials faced in non-conference action last season as they defeated the Golden Flashes 18-7.

The Colonials also will face-off against Akron twice on March 16 and April 17. Akron is the second foe from the conference that they defeated last season, winning 18-4 at home.

Before RMU dives too far into their conference slate, they hit a two-game Ohio road trip when they take on Butler and Cincinnati.

Following the road trip, the Colonials play nine straight games against MAC opponents, including five home matchups at Joe Walton Stadium. The aforementioned Akron Zips and Kent State Golden Flashes will pay a visit to Moon Township, along with Central Michigan, Youngstown State, and Detroit Mercy.

Robert Morris will also travel to Detroit Mercy, Central Michigan, and Youngstown State to round-out their conference schedule.

Entering the 2021 season, RMU is led by an exceptional senior class that includes six graduate seniors who return following the abrupt ending to the 2020 season. Mackenzie and Melanie Gandy lead the senior group and have put together phenomenal careers in a Colonial uniform. Mackenzie sits just four points away from breaking the all-time scoring record in program history.

The women’s lacrosse team will also welcome in 12 freshmen that hope to make a sudden impact on the program.

Ninth-year head coach Katrina Silva and the women’s lacrosse team will look to make an impact on their new conference as they aim to pick up where they left off after establishing a 5-2 record to start last season.