Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Photo credit: Cam Wickline
TJ Wainwright Enters Transfer Portal
Kevin PlowchaApril 16, 2024

On Tuesday afternoon, reporter George Michalowski announced that Robert Morris men's basketball guard TJ Wainwright has entered the transfer portal. Wainwright is the fifth...

Women’s Basketball Looks to Avoid Infamy in Horizon League Tournament

The+Colonials+are+one+loss+away+from+tying+a+program+record+for+most+consecutive+losses+
Jay Muse
The Colonials are one loss away from tying a program record for most consecutive losses

The Robert Morris Colonials will travel to Detroit Mercy to take on the Titans in the first round of the Barbasol Horizon League tournament. The Colonials come into this game on a seventeen-game losing streak that ties a program record for most consecutive losses in a season.

It will be a new program record for most consecutive losses if they lose this one. The Colonials go into this one looking to get going on offense as they have been held under 60 points four out of the previous five games.

The Colonials are going into this game, having not beaten the Titans this year, as they have lost both matchups by a score of 56-39 and 68-49. The Titans love to run in transition, where they get most of their baskets.

If the Colonials want to be successful, they need to take smart shots. They need to make sure that they get into transition and rebound the basketball. If they can win the rebound battle and get into transition, they have a chance to win the game. Also if the Colonials can hit there three’s, they can upset the Titans.

The players to watch for the Colonials are junior Daniel Vuletich and freshman Micah O’Dell. Vuletich needs to be dominant in the paint and get going early. That little hook shot needs to be there for Vuletich, and it needs to fall.

As for O’Dell, she could be lethal from the three-point line, having some spurts of hot shooting throughout the year.

O’Dell needs to step into the three and let it rise. She has an excellent basketball IQ and needs to be a force off the bench. That is who the Colonials need to be successful for this game to win the game.

You will see a lot of Irene Murua for the Titans, who leads the team in points per game with 11.2. Also, for Detroit Mercy, you must watch out for Emma Trawally Porta, a combo guard for the Titans and a streaky shooter. Shooting 33% from three and 52% from the field. If the Colonials can stop these players, They will have a shot at moving on to the next round.

The colonials had a rough time on the road, with only one win away from Moon. This game is streaming on ESPN+ and will be on at 7 p.m. Tune in and see if the Colonials can pull off the first-round upset.