RMU cross country and track & field announces four signees

Women’s Track and Field/Cross Country gained two recruits this season, while men’s also gained two. Photo Credit: Jordan Redinger

The Robert Morris cross country and track & field programs announced a group of signees over the past few days.

RMU has added Christian Maxwell, Brayden Boyd, Maya Poziviak, and Alexandria Pearson into the programs. Maxwell, Boyd, and Poziviak sign as Pennsylvania natives, with Pearson traveling over 10 hours to Moon Township to compete with the Colonials.

Robert Morris announced the reinstatement of the men’s cross country team to the athletic department on October 30. It becomes the 17th intercollegiate athletic program for RMU, beginning Horizon League competition in 2021. This will mark the first season back for the team since the end of the 2013-14 season.

Maxwell, a runner from New Castle, Pennsylvania, ran his high school races at Shenango High School. Maxwell has the shortest distance to travel to the campus of RMU, only 48 minutes from his high school.

Boyd, also signed to the men’s cross country team, hails from Chambersburg High School in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania.

Poziviak is a talented distance runner from McKeesport, Pennsylvania. She ran her high school cross country at Serra Catholic High School, about 50 minutes from Robert Morris.

Pearson joins the program thanks to her success in jumps. She is from Lawrenceville, Georgia, and attended Holy Innocents Episcopal before becoming a Colonial.

No official schedule has been released for any of the men’s and women’s cross country programs as well as for track & field, but competition is expected to resume in early 2021.