Assistant Coaches Fedor, Johnson Will Not Return in 2024-25
Michael DeemerMarch 18, 2024

Robert Morris men's basketball assistant coaches Dave Fedor and Vincent Johnson will not return to the coaching staff for the 2024-25 season. Fedor has been with the program...

La Salle transfer Brandon Stone commits to Robert Morris

Brandon Stone announced that he has transferred to RMU from LaSalle on Tuesday evening. Photo Credit: La Salle University Athletics

MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa.– On Tuesday evening, La Salle forward Brandon Stone announced via Twitter that he has transferred to Robert Morris to join the men’s basketball team.

Stone, a 6’11 sophomore from Alverton, PA, moves closer to home and joins the Colonials after spending his freshman season as a member of the Explorers. Stone announced he was entering the transfer portal on Monday.

Stone attended Southmoreland High School in Alverton before college where he averaged 25 points-per-game, 11 rebounds-per-game, and 2.5 blocks-per-game. He scored 1,500 points in his high school career.

In his freshman season at La Salle, Stone played in 25 games and started in two of them. He averaged 3.0 points-per-game in his 25 games including a season-high 17 points against new Horizon League foe Wright State on November 26, 2019. He added 13 blocks and six steals during his inaugural campaign.

He was averaging 1.3 points and 1.8 rebounds this season, playing limited minutes in five contests for the Explorers before announcing his decision to transfer. La Salle has started the season 2-3 and is a member of the A10 Conference.

Stone’s transfer adds a boost of size to the Colonials’ frontcourt, moving to campus for the second semester. Due to NCAA transfer rules, Stone will have to sit out the remainder of the season. He has three more years of eligibility after this year.