Preview: Colonials XC gets ready to run at CMU Invitational

MOON TOWNSHIP- After a rough outing at the Tommy Evans Invitational back in September, RMU gears themselves up as they take part in the Carnegie Mellon Invitational on Saturday.

In last month’s invitational, RMU came out finishing ninth out of ten teams. Junior Martha Gardner finished the race with a time of 20:26, Tara Richardson was not too far behind her, finishing the race with a time of 20:50.5, and sophomore Laura Lintelman would go on to complete the course in 21:32.4. Seniors Nina Radisavljevic and Alyssa Alberghini competed in the race as well. Radisavljevic finished with a time of 22:56.3 and Alberghini finished the race with a time of 23:07.9.

A few freshmen also competed for RMU at the Tommy Evans Invitational last month. They were Julianna Robinson and Alannah Barton. Robinson came out with a time of 22:04.3, and Barton came out with a time of 22:29.9.

RMU also competed in the Blast Furnace Open back in August, where they finished in fifth place out of five teams. Tara Richardson led RMU that day as well, finishing that race with a time of 16:12.38. Martha Gardner finished with a time of 16:33.58, then three other Colonials followed a little over twenty-five minutes after her. Sophomore Alexis Mullarkey came out with a time of 17:01.11, freshman Alannah Barton came in at 17:09.91 and Elicia Moore followed with a time of 17:17.58.

The RMU cross country team is off to a bit of a slow start to the season, given the fact that in their first two meets, they have finished either last or second to last place. However, they will get a chance to get themselves going this Saturday at the Carnegie Mellon Invitational. It will be a good matchup for the team, as both the men’s cross country team and women’s cross country team have had generally good starts to their respective seasons. Let’s see how RMU will perform this Saturday.