Kevin Plowcha April 16, 2024

Raygan Kirk earns CHA Goalie of the Month for December

Raygan Kirk won CHA Goalie of the Month for December. Photo Credit: Nathan Breisinger

Raygan Kirk’s torrid start to the season has earned some monthly hardware on Friday as the sophomore earned College Hockey America’s Goalie of the Month for December.

This honor comes after she was named CHA Goalie of the Week for the week of December 15.

The goaltending tandem, not just Kirk, for women’s hockey has had a rock-solid start to the season, allowing just three total goals in four conference games and one exhibition match.

Arielle DeSmet and Kirk are currently ranked #1 and #2, respectively, in save percentage for the conference, with DeSmet leading the way with a .974 mark in two games and Kirk notching a .970 mark in two games. Each goaltender got a game in both Lindenwood series, with Kirk starting the front end of both.

The Ste. Anne, Manitoba native allowed two goals in the first game of the home portion of the series, stopping 32 of 34, and rebounded with a shutout in the St. Charles portion of the series, stopping all 21 shots the Lions threw at her. Kirk, DeSmet, and Molly Singewald each combined for a shutout in the exhibition match against Adrian College on January 4.

Kirk’s sophomore season has been good to start, also racking up a sparkling goals-against-average of 0.81 in all five games and 1.00 in conference play. She will look to further broaden her credentials this weekend against Penn State.