Men’s basketball adds game against Marshall

AJ Bramah and the rest of the Colonials will have another non-conference game this weekend, traveling down to Huntington, West Virginia to take on Marshall. Photo Credit: David Auth

By Nick Hedderick, Editor-In-Chief

HUNTINGTON, W. Va.– Much like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get when it comes to the ever-changing Robert Morris men’s basketball schedule.

The Colonials (1-0) have added a game against the Marshall Thundering Herd (4-1) that is set to take place at Marshall on Sunday at 2 p.m., according to Marshall’s athletics website.

Sunday’s game is the second addition to RMU’s weekend calendar after the team’s series with their original opponents for the weekend, Cleveland State (0-3), was canceled due to campus COVID-19 protocols. Filling in for the Vikings are the Falcons of Bowling Green (4-2, 1-0 MAC) on Friday.

These schedule changes are nothing new to Robert Morris, who has played just one game in this new college basketball season. These recent schedule additions serve as a chance for the Colonials to work out the kinks before the beginning of their conference slate. Their first date with Horizon League competition is now set for December 26-27 on the road against Purdue Fort Wayne (1-0).

In their last meeting, Marshall defeated Robert Morris at the MABC Invitational last season by a final score of 67-60.