Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Photo credit: Cam Wickline
TJ Wainwright Enters Transfer Portal
Kevin PlowchaApril 16, 2024

On Tuesday afternoon, reporter George Michalowski announced that Robert Morris men's basketball guard TJ Wainwright has entered the transfer portal. Wainwright is the fifth...

Colonials Travel South to Cape Girardeau for Final Road Game of the Year

Taylor Roberts
Head Coach Bernard Clark announced that Anthony Chiccitt will still be the starting quarterback Saturday

With three weeks left in the season, Robert Morris looks to get back to winning ways after dropping their last four contests.

This upcoming week, the Colonials will make their inaugural trip to Southeastern Missouri to face off against the Redhawks.

The Redhawks currently are first in the Big South-OVC conference as they are undefeated with a 3-0 record and an overall record of 4-4.

This week, I was able to catch up with Head Coach Bernard Clark Jr. to see what he thinks about his team’s trip down south.

“Well, they are one of the best teams in the conference, there’s no if, ands, or buts about it,” Coach Clark said. “They were preseason favorites to win the conference. They have a very good football team. Their running back is outstanding, their quarterback is making excellent decisions, their defense is stout, and a very effective defensive line.”

Coming off of a tough loss at home after the bye week, Robert Morris had a game with six turnovers that led to the demise of that game. This week, the main key is decision-making and not turning the ball over.

“What we need to do is not turn the ball over six times, I can tell you that we can’t do that against these guys,” Coach Clark said. “We need to go out there and play sturdy, play stout, and make sure we don’t make as many mistakes and have self-inflected wounds as we did last game.”

Over the last three weeks, Southeastern Missouri has given up 35 points twice and 28 points as well, so points will be up for grabs. The main aspect to be aware of will be controlling the football and the decision-making. Coach Clark had a few more things to say about what it would take for his team to put points on the board.

“[We need to] maintain our composure and make sure we are more consistent. What we haven’t been in the past is consistent. We get yards here and get yards there, but all of a sudden we wouldn’t get yards. When I say, we’ve got to start fast, that means we’ve got to start our pace fast. Not so much moving down the field but making sure we are steady and making sure we get first downs and not three-and-out.”

Last week, both Anthony Chiccitt and Tyler Szalkowski played at quarterback. Chiccitt went 20-28 for 133 yards passing for two touchdown passes. Szalkowski only went 5-9 for 41 yards passing. Both quarterbacks threw a total of three interceptions.

Coach Clark announced the starting quarterback will still be Anthony Chiccitt

“It’s a situation where we are putting Chiccitt in to make sure he’s feeling good and feeling comfortable. But Chiccitt is our guy.”

Robert Morris heads down south to face off against Southeast Missouri this Saturday, Nov. 4 with kickoff set for 2 p.m.