Photo credit: Malena Kaniuff
High Praise, Hard Work, & Long Term Goals: RMU Announces McCabe in Introductory Press Conference
Joshua WoodmanMarch 19, 2024

MOON TOWNSHIP-- "It's an exciting day." New women's basketball Head Coach Chandler McCabe used those words to close out her opening press conference at the UPMC Events Center. Robert...

Noah West named Atlantic Hockey Player of the Month for December

Noah West was named Atlantic Hockey’s Goaltender of the Month for December 2020. Photo Credit: RMU Athletics

Robert Morris men’s hockey goaltender Noah West has been named the player of the month for December 2020 by the Atlantic Hockey Association.

The freshman from Pittsboro, Indiana posted an outstanding 3-0 undefeated record in the Colonials’ last few matchups against both Niagara and RIT, coming away with a stellar .947 save percentage in the process and subsequently nabbing Goalie of the Week Honors from the AHA as well this past Thursday.

West also went 3-1 overall in his first four starts in December, leading RMU to a sweep of rival Air Force at the start of the month, before digging in to help the Colonials secure a statement win on New Year’s Eve at Niagara 6-0. The only loss suffered was in a tight contest in which RMU nearly upset #7 Bowling Green back on December 29th, stopping 33 of 35 shots he faced in a narrow 2-1 defeat.

West’s current save percentage of .938 is also good for 11th overall ranking honors in NCAA Division I men’s hockey.

Robert Morris seeks to continue their hot start to 2021 behind West, as they close their three-game series with Niagara Saturday at 7:35 p.m. and Sunday at 4:05 p.m. at Clearview Arena. The Colonials will then be off for a minor break until January 19 when they travel to Erie for a matchup with bitter I-79 rivals Mercyhurst, as their upcoming home-and-home series with Canisius on the 14th and 16th was postponed following a positive COVID-19 test on the Golden Griffins’ staff at the Tier 1 personnel level.

As always, be sure to visit colonialsportsnetwork.com and follow @RMU_CSN on Twitter to stay up-to-date with all the latest news surrounding Robert Morris athletics.