Preview: Moon hosts West Allegheny on Senior Night

Preston Moore, Moon Sports Beat Writer

MOON TOWNSHIP — The Moon Tigers (2-7, 1-5) look to defend their home field as they play a very good West Allegheny Indians (6-2, 6-1) team. The Tigers will also celebrate their senior players in their last game of the season where they will look to play spoiler.

The Indians faced the North Allegheny Tigers (9-0, 5-0) in a nonconference match-up where they fell 26-20 at the hands of a dominant rival. The Tigers scored early and never gave up the lead despite a 13 point 4th quarter from the Indians.

Some Indians to look out for are Dante Flati and Mateo Vandamia. Flati, a running back for the Indians, has over 1000 all-purpose yards on the season. Flati has been a clear leader on the offense because of his production and reliability. Vandamia is a linebacker for the Indians. Vandamia has a total of eight sacks on the year, which leads the team. He also has a total of 54 tackles to compliment his high sack total.

The Tigers faced the Woodland Hills Wolverines (3-6, 2-4) in a conference match-up in which they lost 20-10. This loss mathematically eliminated the Tigers from playoff contention.

Some Tigers to look out for are Jamal Littlejohn and Christian Tanner. Littlejohn plays running back and linebacker. He provides speed and power at running back and provides a nice change of pace to an inconsistent offense. Littlejohn leads the team in sacks at linebacker and always seems to make defensive stops.

Tanner is an occasional running back and full-time linebacker. Tanner provides a pass-catching option out of the backfield and an aggressive running approach with his downfield running mentality. Tanner also makes play after play on defense and always seems to be involved in every play. Tanner and Littlejohn are a deadly running and tackling upperclassmen duo on this young Tigers team.

The Tigers will play without their starting quarterback in Dante Clay. Tyler McGowan will take over the starting job for the Tigers. McGowan has received nothing but praise from his teammates with his accuracy being a common topic. Not only will the Tigers have a freshman quarterback starting but they will be playing the arguably best team in the conference. The Moon Area Tigers will look to close out their season upsetting West Allegheny for the second year in a row.