Women’s Basketball Selected Eleventh in Horizon League Preseason Poll

Sydney Riker
The Colonials place 11th in the Horizon League poll, after a tenth place finish last year

With the start of college basketball, a little over two weeks away, on Tuesday, the Horizon League announced its preseason poll for the upcoming season with Robert Morris selected eleventh out of eleven school.

The Colonials are coming into this season after a year where they never got much momentum going with an overall record of 11-19 and a 5-15 record in Horizon League play which was only good enough for a 10th place finish.

This will still be a relatively young team this season with no seniors on the team this year. The Colonials are still filled with young talent in hope to turn the program around with six juniors, three sophomores, and six freshmen coming into the program.

This season the team will look to new leadership with the departure of Phoenix Gedeon and Mackenzie Amalia.

Returning and looking to take on a bigger part in the leadership role will be junior Danielle Vuletich who was the team’s second leading scorer with 7.9 point per game. Also looking to take a bigger step forward this season will be Simone Morris who was the team’s third leading scorer right behind Vuletich with 7.7 points per game.

Green Bay secures the top spot for the preseason poll with 11 first-place votes followed by last season defending champions Cleveland State and in third in Youngstown State.

Following the top three teams, Purdue Fort Wayne, Northern Kentucky, and Milwaukee round out the top half of the league poll.

Lastly, Wright State will be in the seventh spot followed by Oakland, IUPUI, Detroit Mercy, and rounding out the preseason poll in last is Robert Morris.

The Colonials will start their 2023-2024 season on the road when they play and old NEC rival in Saint Francis at 7 p.m. on Nov 6.