Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

‘I’d die for him and he’d do the same for me’: The Dynamic Duo of Anthony Chiccitt and Noah Robinson

Taylor Roberts
Chiccitt and Robinson had an instant connection since Robinson entered the program this past year from Old Dominion

The Robert Morris football team has started their 2023 season with two shining stars: quarterback Anthony Chiccitt and wide receiver Noah Robinson.

Noah Robinson and Anthony Chiccitt have lit up this season with their connection on and off the field, which started from day one.

Chiccitt, the senior from Bethel Park, has been a Colonial since he was a true freshman. However, Robinson is a redshirt sophomore transferring from Old Dominion. He has already made a name for himself this season by being toward the top of the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) in receiving yards.

“When Noah transferred here in the spring, I remember the first time we went out and threw, I knew he was going to be a really great player,” Chiccitt said. “We just continue to throw on our own and build on that connection, but once we got to spring practices in March, it really showed on the field. Just from day one, we kind of had that connection. In our spring game, we maybe had just about 150 yards, so I think it has been building up for a while, and it is awesome to see it translate in the game.”

“When I got here in the spring since I stepped foot on this campus, it’s a brotherhood,” Robinson said. “So I know I’d die for him (Chiccitt) and he’d do the same for me and everybody else out there because we all feel the same way about each other.”

With their first win against St. Francis, the team began to take shape, and Chiccitt stepped right into the team’s leadership role.

“I am more [of a] lead-by-example type of leader. I’m not going to get in your face, yell at you, try and push you to get the most out of you, but I’m not going to do it by getting on your nerves or being annoying,” Chiccitt said. “I see myself as a guy that is liked by a lot of people, just fun to be around, and just someone you can talk to on and off the field. I think that builds a lot of trust and a lot of respect, so I think that translates onto the field.”

Not only has Chiccitt been a leader for the team, but he is also a leader in the FCS, ranked tenth for completion percentage. As all leaders do, he owes it all to his teammates.

“It is a testament to our offense. I have a lot of good playmakers around me, being smart with the ball and getting open, just making sure I am getting the ball in the hands of our playmakers. So I think it’s pretty cool to be top 10.”

One of his main playmakers, Noah Robinson, is second in the FCS for most receiving yards, but he knows this is what he is here to accomplish and expects nothing less.

“I don’t really try to think about it because we are only four games in. This is an 11-plus game season, so it’s something I’ve got to keep doing,” Robinson said. “This is expected, and what I expect to keep doing because that’s what I came here to do, so I’ve got to keep doing that and just focus on that.”

After a crushing defeat by Howard, the RMU football team will face off at Gardner-Webb on Oct. 7 at 4 p.m.