Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Photo credit: Cam Wickline
TJ Wainwright Enters Transfer Portal
Kevin PlowchaApril 16, 2024

On Tuesday afternoon, reporter George Michalowski announced that Robert Morris men's basketball guard TJ Wainwright has entered the transfer portal. Wainwright is the fifth...

Giannone Named CHA Forward, Puddifant Named Defenseman of the Week

Sophomore Morgan Giannone was awarded the College Hockey America (CHA) Offensive Player of the Week. She tabbed four points as she scored two goals and helped her team with two assists. Photo credit: Justin Berl/RMU Athletics

Hockey season is back and the Colonials have started the season with two players being awarded Forward and Defenseman Player of the Week. The two transferred from St. Lawrence and were given the honors Monday afternoon.

Sophomore Morgan Giannone was awarded the College Hockey America (CHA) Forward of the Week. She tabbed four points as she scored two goals and helped her team with two assists. Giannone scored the game-winning goal against Union College. She tabbed a short-handed goal to cap off her great week of offensive performances.

Graduate transfer Chloé Puddifant had a stellar defensive performance over the last week as she tabbed two points; one goal and one assist. She also made four blocks on the defensive side. She was awarded the CHA Defenseman Player of the Week.

The Colonials open up home play on Oct. 7 at 2 p.m. at the Clearview Arena where they will be hosting Saint Anselm.