Men’s Soccer Faces Another Road Test at Saint Francis

Samantha Dutch
The Colonials have another road test agsinst in-state foe Saint Francis

Many consider Labor Day to be the last day of summer, thus meaning everything should cool down afterwards.

Don’t tell RMU men’s soccer that as they are hot in a multitude of ways, having not lost a game yet this year and today’s test against Saint Francis set to be played in 90° heat.

The Colonials are coming off a grueling game against Bucknell that ended in a 3-2 victory and are looking to carry that momentum into today.

RMU’s scoring has come from a variety of sources, most due to the team’s ball movement. Because of this, the Colonials are scoring a staggering three goals a game. On the defensive side of the ball, the Colonials are allowing their opponents to score one goal a game. This difference has been the key to the team’s success.

Saint Francis has not been off to the same kind of start as the Colonials, as the Red Flash have a record of 1-0-2. With that being said, they are in the same boat as the Colonials in terms of having not lost a game yet this season.

The man to watch for the Colonials is Gabe Norris, who is currently pacing the team in goals scored. Norris, also a captain, has been a standout on the field early in the year after having been a steady presence all last year, appearing in all 16 games the Colonials played.

The Red Flash have taken an opposite approach to the Colonials and are instead being led by young gun Joschi Schelb, who is currently leading the team in points. The freshman hails from Germany and has been a presence in the midfield for Saint Francis so far this year.

The Colonials and Red Flash kick off at 3 p.m. at Stokes Soccerplace.