Phoenix Gedeon Named to All-Horizon League Third Team

She is the second player in program history to earn a regular season award and the first since Sol Castro made the All-Freshman team back in the team’s inaugural season in the Horizon League back in 2020-21. Photo credit: Malena Kaniuff

Michael Deemer

The Horizon League announced Monday that Phoenix Gedeon was named to All-Horizon League Third Team. She is the second player in program history to earn a Horizon League regular season award and the first since Sol Castro made the All-Freshman team back in the team’s inaugural season in the Horizon League back in 2020-21.

Gedeon recorded a double-double in 12 games this season, the third most in the conference, including picking up six across an eight-game period.

Gedeon reached a career-high in all major categories in her breakout sophomore season. She posted a career-high 23 points at Purdue Fort Wayne on Feb. 4. She grabbed a career-high 19 rebounds at Wright State on Dec. 2, four assists against IUPUI on Jan. 14, and five steals against Waynesburg in the opening week of the season.

The women’s team travels to Milwaukee tomorrow night in the First Round of the Horizon League Tournament at 8 p.m.