Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Photo credit: Cam Wickline
TJ Wainwright Enters Transfer Portal
Kevin Plowcha April 16, 2024

On Tuesday afternoon, reporter George Michalowski announced that Robert Morris men's basketball guard TJ Wainwright has entered the transfer portal. Wainwright is the fifth...

Kaoru Hayashi Named to US Soccer Coaches Scholar America Third Team

Hayashi is the first Colonial ever to be named to a National All-Scholar Team Photo credit: Samantha Dutch

History made, Hayashi’s spot in the Scholar All-America Third Team marks the first time ever that RMU has had a player represented on this list.

This honor comes shortly after Haysahi was named to the United Soccer Coaches NCAA D1 All-North Region Second Team.

Kaoru Hayashi, a graduate student from Ama, Japan appeared in 20 games for the Colonials, with 19 of those being from the start. Playing in those 20 games was a career high for the graduate student.

Over the course of the 20 games Hayashi was able to tally a total of 16 points with four goals and eight assists. With her accumulation of those 16 points it set a career high for her in that category.

Throughout her college career at Robert Morris she appeared in a total of 66 games. In those 66 games she was able to accumulate 44 career points with 14 goals and 16 assists.

With this being her final year at the school, Hayashi as a captain, led the Colonials to their first playoff appearance in program history since joining the Horizon League. Along with making it to the playoffs for the first time in program history, she helped the RMU win their postseason game.