Kevin Plowcha April 16, 2024

Men’s Basketball Ranks Seventh in Horizon League Preseason Poll

The Colonials are placed seventh in the preseason poll after they finished sixth last year Photo credit: Ethan Morrison

With the start of the men’s college basketball season a little more than two weeks, today the Horizon League has announced their preseason poll Tuesday.

Robert Morris came in ranking seventh which is one spot better than last year’s preseason poll standings where they ranked eighth.

The Colonials did not have a player in either the Preseason All-League First Team or the All-League Second Team.

Robert Morris is coming off of a season where they finished sixth in the Horizon League with a conference record of 10-10 and an overall record of 16-17.

Northern Kentucky is once again on top of the Horizon League Preseason Poll after winning the conference tournament last year. with Milwaukee coming behind them in second place. Last season’s winners Youngstown State fall to fifth in the preseason Poll.

Last year’s tournament runner up in Cleveland State fall to fourth with Wright State right above them.

Oakland gets the sixth in the Preseason Poll with RMU right behind them followed by Purdue Fort Wayne, Detroit Mercy, IUPUI, and the poll rounds out with Green Bay.

The Colonials will have some turnover in the program with guard Enoch Cheeks transferring to Dayton for his senior year.

Also, no longer in the program is Kahleil Spear who graduated after last season.

Look for Josh Corbin to take the reins of this program this year as he looks to lead the team. Corbin was the team’s third best scorer last season with an average of 10.5 points per game.