Women’s Hockey to Make Return to the Island

The+womens+team+split+their+two-game+series+with+Union%2C+with+a+5-2+loss+in+Game+1+and+a+3-2+overtime+win+in+Game+2+
Justin Berl/RMU Athletics
The women’s team split their two-game series with Union, with a 5-2 loss in Game 1 and a 3-2 overtime win in Game 2

The Robert Morris women’s hockey team will finally return to the Island Sports Center for the first time in over two years as they will welcome Saint Anselm for a non-conference tilt.

This will be the first time the women’s hockey program will step on the ice at the Island Sports Center in over two years. With an utterly brand-new roster, they will look to regain the charm that they had when they were programmed back in 2021.

Robert Morris was able to pick up their first win of their campaign in overtime against Union College in a 3-2 victory. A packed house is expected for their first-ever game in two years.

Sophomore forward Morgan Giannone and graduate defenseman Chloé Puddifant were awarded Offensive and Defensive Players of the Week for their efforts in the Union series.

Giannone had four points in the two games, including the overtime winner against the Garnet Chargers in game two.

Puddifant had a goal and assist with four blocked shots in the two-game split.

As for Saturday, a red carpet event will happen before the puck drop, scheduled for 2 p.m. There will be celebrities and many fans to support the Colonials and their march back after a two-year hiatus.

This will be the first time in program history that the Colonials will take on Saint Anselm. The Hawks come into this one after a brutal 6-1 loss against New Hampshire.

The glorious day will finally be here as the women’s hockey team returns to the island for the first time in two years. This will be a two-game series against Saint Anselm. Tickets are already sold out for this event.