Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Photo credit: Cam Wickline
TJ Wainwright Enters Transfer Portal
Kevin PlowchaApril 16, 2024

On Tuesday afternoon, reporter George Michalowski announced that Robert Morris men's basketball guard TJ Wainwright has entered the transfer portal. Wainwright is the fifth...

Men’s Soccer Travels to Duquesne, Hosts IUPUI This Week

Samantha Dutch
The Colonials have struggled against Duquesne. Their all-time record is 4-11-1 against the Dukes and 0-8-0 at Rooney Field.

The Robert Morris men’s soccer team has a busy few days ahead of them, as they travel to Duquesne on Wednesday and take on IUPUI at home on Saturday.

The Colonials have been led by their captain, Gabe Norris. The junior midfielder has been dominant for the Colonials on both ends of the ball. Dominating time of possession and making key passes have been the keys to his game so far this year. Another key contributor is sophomore midfielder Anass Hadran. The Moroccan national leads the team in points and tied for the lead in goals and assists.

Starting with the Cross-tahn Derby, the Duquesne Dukes, a team the Colonials have struggled with. The Colonials are 4-11-1 against the Dukes and 0-8-0 at Rooney Field.

The Dukes are led by junior forward Jayden Da. Da leads the team in points and goals so far on the young season. Keeping him in check will be Colonials number one key in this game.

On Sunday, the Colonials will play their conference home opener against the IUPUI Jaguars. As for IUPUI, this game marks the beginning of Horizon League play at the North Athletic Complex. IUPUI has struggled early in this season, including multiple multi score losses.

The Jaguars are being led by Lukas Hackaa. This isn’t saying much as he has just two goals so far this season, and that’s been enough to lead the team. The Colonials have a chance to overpower the Jaguars weak offense in this one.

The Colonials are looking to continue their winning ways against some familiar foes this weekend. Catch the first game at 7 p.m. at Rooney Field.