Photo credit: Malena Kaniuff
High Praise, Hard Work, & Long Term Goals: RMU Announces McCabe in Introductory Press Conference
Joshua WoodmanMarch 19, 2024

MOON TOWNSHIP-- "It's an exciting day." New women's basketball Head Coach Chandler McCabe used those words to close out her opening press conference at the UPMC Events Center. Robert...

Trayden Williams becomes fifth Colonial to enter transfer portal

Trayden Williams has entered the transfer portal. Photo Credit: Tyler Gallo

With every transfer into a program, there are transfers out, and that is exactly what has happened today, as less than 24 hours after St. John’s guard Rasheem Dunn grad-transferred to Robert Morris, freshman guard Trayden Williams has entered his name into the portal, per VerbalCommits.

Williams becomes the fifth player to transfer out of the program and the second member of last season’s freshman class, joining AJ Bramah, Cameron Wilbon, Dante Treacy and Pat Suemnick – the other freshman.

Williams, who joined the Colonials out of North Mecklenburg High School, played in 18 games last season, starting one. He averaged 7.3 points, 1.8 rebounds and 1.9 assists in the squad’s first season in the Horizon League.

His best performance came against Youngstown State on February 6, dropping 16 points while shooting 7-for-13 from the field in the team’s 70-66 overtime loss.

Williams will have a new home outside of Moon Township for next season, bringing excellent handles and speed to a new team.