PREVIEW: Golf stays in Keystone State for Fairleigh Dickinson Invitational

By Jonathan Hanna, Sports Editor

FAYETTEVILLE, Pa.– After a third-overall finish at the Carpetbagger Classic, the Robert Morris golf team is back in action this weekend as they head to Penn National Golf Club for the Fairleigh Dickinson Invitational.

When the Colonials were last in action, they were down in Urbana, Maryland at Worthington Manor Golf Club, where the Colonials finished in third place at 29-over par; which was nine shots off eventual winners (and this weekend’s host) Fairleigh Dickinson.

The Colonials were led by two top-10 performers in junior Chase Miller and redshirt sophomore Chris Sabol. Sabol finished in a three-way tie for sixth place at +4, while Miller finished tied for tenth, a stroke behind Sabol.

At Penn National, the Colonials will tackle one of two courses; the 6,981-yard, par-72 Founders Course, or the 7,009-yard, par-72 Iron Forge Course.

The Founders Course is highlighted by many tree-lined holes and a seven-acre lake that comes into play on both the front and back nine.

Meanwhile, the Iron Forge Course is nestled in the foothills of the South Mountain. Unlike the Founders Course, Iron Forge is wide open, with very few trees to obstruct drives, allowing for the Colonials to grip it and rip it from the tee box this weekend.