PREVIEW: Colonials head to Cincy to wrap-up three-game road trip

By Colby Sherwin, Contributor

CINCINNATI– The Colonials women’s lacrosse team (5-1, 1-0 MAC) is looking to continue their best start to a season since 2014, where they started 6-1. RMU is coming off of their fifth victory of the season when they took down the Butler Bulldogs 16-10 with Clio Kerr leading the way with six goals for RMU.

They will take on the Cincinnati Bearcats (2-2), a team they have faced four times since 2008, playing to a 2-2 record all-time. They will look to gain an edge in the series Wednesday at 3 p.m.

Recapping RMU

The Colonials are off to a hot start as they have been able to outscore most of their opponents this season. They have scored more than 10 goals in four out of their six games. The Colonials look to record their sixth win of the season after being defeated by Notre Dame 16-2 then taking down Butler 16-10.

Scouting Cincinnati

The Bearcats come into this one at 2-2. They have been able to score over ten goals three-out-of-four games. The Bearcats have the firepower to get on the scoreboard fast, and that could lead to a problem for RMU.

They are coming off a strong victory against RMU’s MAC opponent Kent State (0-4, 0-1) where they cruised to a 15-5 triumph. Kylie Nause and Alyssa Adams each had five points in the win.

Players to Watch

Clio Kerr (RMU) – Kerr scored six goals last game against Butler. If she keeps this up, it will be a great sign for the Colonials to deliver a victory. The redshirt senior has 12 goals and four assists this season.

Man-Up (RMU)- If the Colonials go on the man-up, it could be a long day for the Bearcats to stop the high-powered RMU offense at a disadvantage.

Kylie Nause (Cincy) – Nause was the AAC Freshman of the Year in 2019. She can put numbers on quickly and that could be a problem for RMU. Fresh off her five-point game against Kent State, she has racked up 13 goals and one assist this season, good for second on the Bearcats’ roster.

Team Play (Cincy) – The Bearcats play a team style. If they get it going and provide a smooth offensive attack it could be a long day for RMU.

The Colonials will win a close contest 17-15, giving the Colonials their best start since 2014.