Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Photo credit: Cam Wickline
TJ Wainwright Enters Transfer Portal
Kevin PlowchaApril 16, 2024

On Tuesday afternoon, reporter George Michalowski announced that Robert Morris men's basketball guard TJ Wainwright has entered the transfer portal. Wainwright is the fifth...

RMU basketball announces changes to weekend slate, will take on Bowling Green Friday night

Men’s basketball will host Bowling Green on Friday, marking their first action since December 5. Photo Credit: Thomas Ognibene

The theme of the 2020-21 season for the Robert Morris men’s basketball team has been consistent in a world full of chaos, and that consistency comes in having to adapt to constant changes to the program’s schedule.

The Horizon League announced Wednesday afternoon the postponement of RMU’s conference debut weekend doubleheader against Cleveland State due to campus and conference COVID-19 protocols.

In replace of their previously scheduled series, the Colonials will take on Bowling Green Friday night, December 19, with Robert Morris remaining home for the team’s second game of the season.

The two teams will tip-off at 6 p.m. in the UPMC Events Center. Bowling Green enters Hoop Township with a 4-2 overall record, losing their last time out to preseason Horizon League favorite Wright State 85-67 on December 13. The Colonials will travel to Dayton to take on the Raiders on January 29-30.

Robert Morris looks to move to 2-0 with a victory against Bowling Green after defeating the Point Park Pioneers 75-57 all the way back on December 5.

The 13-day hiatus for the team will end this coming weekend against the Falcons and into conference play on December 26 at Purdue Fort Wayne in Fort Wayne, Indiana.