Bryan Delsite named new RMU track and cross country coach

Jonathan Hanna, Sports Editor

After five seasons with Caitlin Cotter at the helm of the Robert Morris running teams, the Colonials are on a new track, as former Bucknell assistant Bryan Delsite was named the newest head coach on Wednesday.

As a member of the Bisons coaching staff, Delsite was in charge of coaching the vertical and horizontal jumps, as well as multi-event athletes and aiding with scheduling and recruiting.

In his seven years in Lewisburg, Delsite helped Bucknell win 5 Patriot League cross country championships, three indoor track & field championships and three outdoor track & field titles.

Before arriving at Bucknell, Delsite was in charge of a different Pittsburgh team, as the head cross country and track and field coach at Duquesne from 1998-2013. With the Dukes, Delsite was named the Atlantic 10 Coach of the Year four times.

Delsite is no stranger to Moon Township, as he was an assistant coach under Hall of Fame coach Bill Hodge from 1994-1996, as well as earning a Master of Science degree from RMU in 1996.

In a statement on RMUColonials.com, Vice President and Director of Athletics Chris King said of Delsite, “This is a transformational day for RMU cross country and track & field. Selecting Bryan Delsite as our new head coach sets the course for a new era of success in all phases of our program. He brings a record of success and experience as a four-time conference coach of the year and a former collegiate, national and international track champion himself. His extensive experience and success will maximize the potential of this program in short order, as he has demonstrated the ability to recruit and develop student-athletes to perform at the highest level.”