Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Colonial Sports Network

Photo credit: Cam Wickline
TJ Wainwright Enters Transfer Portal
Kevin PlowchaApril 16, 2024

On Tuesday afternoon, reporter George Michalowski announced that Robert Morris men's basketball guard TJ Wainwright has entered the transfer portal. Wainwright is the fifth...

Preview: Volleyball looks to continue winning ways at Saint Francis Brooklyn

BROOKLYN– The RMU volleyball team (18-3, 8-0 NEC) heads to Brooklyn in hopes of continuing their blistering start to both NEC and their regular season as a whole when they take on Saint Francis Brooklyn (9-12, 3-4 NEC). The Colonials have won eight consecutive NEC matchups. Their only losses this season came at a tournament in Youngstown, Ohio, where they dropped all three contests.

Recapping RMU

The Colonials head to New York having won all eight of their NEC contests thus far. Their most recent action was yesterday, as they defeated Central Connecticut State (7-12, 3-4 NEC) in four sets. The Colonials lost the first set, a rarity this season, but they rebounded quickly and took control of the match by winning the next three sets. Also, Emma Granger was named Player of the Week for the NEC last week, her third such honor of the season.

Scouting SFB

The Terriers host the Colonials coming off of a win over the Saint Francis Red Flash (2-17, 2-0 NEC) in straight sets. The Terriers are on a hot streak of sorts, winning three of their last four matches. This momentum could be beneficial to them as they take on the NEC-leading Colonials on Saturday. SFB wraps up a quick homestand with this match as well, so expect them to be eager to bring their winning ways on the road with them.

Players to Watch

Emma Granger (RMU)

Emma Granger’s junior season just continues to get better. She was named NEC Player of the week for the third time this season, and is far and away the most prolific player on the roster. She is first in kills and blocks) as well as pacing the team in points, she is a force to be reckoned with on the court.

Lauren Kolenik (RMU)

While Granger has been the team leader for all those categories, Lauren Kolenik has quietly had one of the better seasons for the Colonials. She sits third in kills, sixth in blocks as well as third on the team in points.

Kizzy Rodriguez (SFB)

Rodriguez is fresh off of a few solid performances, she has been an absolute dig machine for the Terriers. The sophomore leads the roster in digs, and nobody else on the roster is even within 100 of her this season.

Una Stevic (SFB)

The Serbian sophomore has been at the forefront of Terrier offense and defense thus far in the season, as you can find her name first in kills, fifth in blocks and third in digs. Watch out for her this weekend.

More of the same for the Colonials. I think they sweep yet another match, as they look to be unstoppable this season. Expect another electric performance from the NEC-leading Colonials.