Colonials finish in eighth in last fall match

Jonathan Hanna, Golf Beat Writer

ESTERO, Fla. — The Robert Morris Colonials golf team (+245) played their last match of the fall, finishing in 8th place out of nine teams in the Homewood/Hilton Garden Airport & FGCU Classic at Old Corkscrew Golf Club. The Colonials shot a team score of +83.

The match was won by the Campbell University Camels (-85). The Camels shot a team score of +18 in the tournament. Winning the tournament was Erik Lindwall of the Eastern Kentucky University Colonels. Lindwall shot a -1 for the tournament, and was the only player in the field to shoot a score of par or under in the tournament.

Leading the Colonials in the match was Max Palmer, who shot a +10 tournament, including two rounds of 76 to tie him for ninth place. Palmer was -3 on all the par threes on the course, and added 10 birdies.

Placing second for Robert Morris, and tied for 33rd overall, was Daniel Franco Saad. Franco Saad finished with a +21, and his low round was a 75 in round three. Finishing seven shots behind Franco Saad was the freshman Chase Miller. Miller finished in a two-way tie for 41st with Koy Potthoff of the Creighton Blue Jays (+224). The freshman led the Colonials with 33 pars on the tournament.

Four shots behind Miller, and in a four-way tie for 45th place was the Robert Morris duo of David Szymanski and Bryce Gorrell. Both Gorrell and Szymanski shot +32 tournaments, and Gorell’s low round was a 74 in the third round, which gave him a +2 on the round.

The Colonials are on a break for the winter, as they return on March 7th when they travel to the LPGA International in Daytona Beach, Florida for the Gary Freeman Spring Invitational, hosted by the Bethune-Cookman University Wildcats (+65).